I know what it is like not knowing where to start. That is what I am here for… to help you get a head-start with your web site project and also to make this process less intimidating.
Phase 1 - Collect your Company’s Marketing Materials
Start preparing a press kit for your company by collecting all of your company’s marketing materials such as:
- Company logo
- Business cards
- Promotional postcards
- Customer testimonials
- List of your services and/or products
- Price list
- Why does your company need this web site?
- Why will your visitors need this web site?
- Describe what your site will do or be.
- What type of site do you have in mind (brochure style, catalog style, eCommerce, portfolio, wedding style, etc.)?
- What are your budget and schedule restraints?
Phase 3 - Register for your Domain Name & Web Hosting
If your company doesn’t have a domain name for your prospective site, then it is better to register for a domain name as soon as possible before someone else registers for same domain name. Also, don’t forget to sign up for a web hosting plan.